Monday, December 3, 2018

Last reflection


Three months has passed, and it has now come to the end of the trimester. I will like to extend my gratitude to professor Brad for making these past three months a wonderful and memorable journey for me. Numerous valuable inputs were shared, and it gave me an insight on how to improve on my communication skills. Through this module, I have developed a skill on report writing, and I learnt the proper way on how to cite the reference. One thing I like about this module is that we received feedback from our professor on all our assignments and draft assignments. It informed us on the things we need to improve on, emphasizing to us about using the correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure (parallel structure etc.). I believe the things I learnt in this module will be helpful for me in the long run, especially when I progress to the working world in the time to come.

The objectives I set for myself at the beginning of this module has been achieved. My group was selected to present for the showcase, and it gave me an opportunity to stand and talk in front of many people. Typically, before any presentation, I will feel anxious and worried that something unexpected may happen. But at that moment when it was my turn to present, I managed to put aside all those feelings, be confident, and gave my best performance in front of all the audience. There are some points I failed to recall during the presentation, but I tried not to make it obvious and have long pauses during the presentation because it would seem unprofessional. Overall, the showcase was a good experience for me to gain exposure in presenting to a large group of people.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a million for this final reflection, Hilman. I appreciate your effort in responding with details to this assignment, the hard work with the showcase's added presentation, and your good cheer and work throughout the module in general.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey at SIT and beyond.

    ReplyDelete